Look for

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Sculpting an amigurumi face through an opened neck hole

This is a video tutorial in Turkish with my explanations in English.


So, this is my third post on sculpting of a doll face. Those who are interested in this topic, you should first read my previous publications here and here.


At the end of the second tutorial, I promised to share an interesting video about sculpting. But please be aware that I do not understand Turkish speaking.


In addition, I would like to make a few comments about this video (unfortunately, at this moment I don’t have any opportunity to make my own illustrations for this method).

So first watch the video, at least the first 2.5 minutes.



Of course, you already have understood the main difference between the last method and the first two.


Author use a flat button with 4 holes. The requirements to this button are:
1. It must pass through the neck opening.
2. It must to be wide enough in order to not sink deep inside the filler.
3. It must be easy in order that it won't add weight to doll’s head.


I think such button can be replaced with a rounded piece of solid plastic with 4 holes. Before the sculpting you need to fill the head. Everything else is done according the video.


But I would like to make one more note to this video. I absolutely don’t understand why the author makes the sculpting AFTER attaching eyes. And as result under the ready eye is seen an ugly big sewing stitch. Of course, the sculpting should be done BEFORE attaching eyes, if that are glued or embroidered eyes. For safety eyes, in my opinion, it is better to use the second method, that is to pass the sculpting thread above the leg of the safety eye.


I think, what to do when a head and a body are the whole detail according to your pattern, you can guess. Just fill your doll as usual over the button in process of crocheting.


This is all I wished to share about the sculpting of doll's face. Good luck to you, let your amigurumis will be great and will give pleasure to you, your family and your customers.


In the future I plan to learn different types of crocheting texture. I discovered that some other masters make a single crochet in different way (it's not about BLO and FLO).

That's why the outer texture of their dolls is slightly different as well. If you are interested it, you can subscribe to my facebook page Ella's crocheted toys .

No comments:

Post a Comment