Look for

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A doll is made ‘wrong side outward’ (1)

So, I started crocheting my wireframe doll in technique 'wrong side outward'.
For the doll I bought this yarn.


DSC_0565.JPG

This is Irish RAM YarnArt, features can be viewed at Ravelry
As I expected, such crocheting is difficult because stitches are tiny. I use a hook 1.25 mm.
I started from doll head. While I was crocheting 'a ball', everything was ok, but making the neck was a little more difficult.
However the most difficult thing was making the shoulders. This is a very clever  way, and for so tiny loops it is really hard to understand what stitches are crocheted.

By the way, I want to share one more my secret. I always use such a special lamp with a magnifying glass for crocheting.



I have even two lamp with glass different degree of increasing.

Now I decided to crochet one more doll from more thicker cotton thread as a work copy. I  found a fit yarn for it in my stash. This thread is a bit thick for doll, but the crocheting is comfortable. Let's see what will turn out.

Now about the technique 'wrong side outward'. The most difficult, as I expected, is an  invisible decrease. According to this method decrease is also 'wrong' ;-) . First is necessary to pick up the back loop of the second stitch from the hook, and then come back to the first stitch. In that time the second loop tends to jump off the hook. Yes, it's not easy, but I am sure I'll eventually reach success.

Moreover, it is much more difficult to make such decrease if yarn consists of several threads. I tried two more kinds of acrylic yarn, it’s just a nightmare!

By the way, very interesting to compare size of heads made from different thickness yarn   (2 on the left are from acrylic, 2 on the right are from cotton).


DSC_0562.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment